This Paleo friendly recipe is courtesy of Cindy Anschutz Barbieri, Cindy’s Table.
- Set EGG for direct cooking at 350°F/177°C.
- Take pork shoulder out of package and wipe down with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat your Dutch oven in the EGG. Add in oil and let it get nice and hot. Add in pork and sear all sides for about 2 minutes. You want to create a nice sear.
- Add in peppers, onions and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring around using a wooden spoon.
- Add in basil, parsley, thyme and red pepper flakes. Pour in chicken broth and diced
- tomatoes. Stir to incorporate all of the ingredients. Add in tomato paste and press against the pan with the back of your spoon to help incorporate into the liquid. Cover and let cook 2 hours.
- Remove from EGG. Use a large spoon and skim off the fat then go ahead and pull apart the pork or serve in large chunks with the peppers and onions. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings